Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Cowboy Snowman's First Christmas Eve

Once upon a Christmas Eve a snowman dressed like a cowboy came to life for some reason. Some think it was because of a gust of special christmas snow. Some think it was the work of some winter wizard. There were other theories, one involving aliens which was kind of interesting. But the story of how the cowboy snowman came to life is not the story I'm telling here today. Some think it's because I didn't come up with a good origin story. Some people want to know why the snowman is dressed like a cowboy. They wonder what sort of kids made this snowman. But I can't worry all the time about whatever anyone else wants. I'm here to tell this one particular story about a cowboy snowman and his first christmas eve. Hopefully you'll agree that it's the most interesting angle I could have taken with something like this. I am starting to feel very self conscious. Sorry. I shouldn't have said that. So this snowman dressed like a cowboy sort of wakes up and he's alive, out in the snow of course, in front of someone's house. He turns to the snowman beside him and says. "What am I?"

"Well you're a snowman for sure. I know this because I'm a snowman so I recognize another snowman when I see one." Replied the other snowman.

"Oh yeah. Okay. So what you look like is roughly what I look like."

"Roughly. But for some reason you're dressed like a cowboy?"

"Really? Why do you think?"

"I can't imagine."

"Well what kind of kids do you think made me?"

"I don't know."

"How am I alive do you think? Or you? How are either of us alive?"

"Good ask"

And then Santa flew over their heads and they weren't sure what it was. Then they were quiet for a bit. Then they weren't alive anymore.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

1 comment: